Need Help with DIY Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbushong

Registered
Reaction score
I am rigging a home made harness out of bulk 2 inch nylon webbing. My question is, what is the best was to make the hole so that bolt from my doubles can go through it and bolt to the plate?

I don't have the equipment to install a grommet like you see on the commercial harnesses. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

sbushong:
I am rigging a home made harness out of bulk 2 inch nylon webbing. My question is, what is the best was to make the hole so that bolt from my doubles can go through it and bolt to the plate?

I don't have the equipment to install a grommet like you see on the commercial harnesses. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Melt through the webbing with a soldering iron. Smokes like crazy, do it outside.

Tobin

Go to your local sewing supply/fabric store and buy a gromet kit. It'll run ~$5-10. Basically it's a backing block and a steel bar that you smack with a hammer. Works good. Good Luck.

Jake

I've tried a soldering iron (easiest) and also using a spent .30 caliber brass shell. Heated with a torch it makes a beautiful hole. (DO NOT use a live shell lol)

Aloha, Tim

Interesting idea, kidspot. I have a ton of 7.62 x 51 brass laying around. Maybe I will try that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom