Question Need help with an AL Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the incorporation of the spacer with the small opening was an effort to keep water out of the first stage? Seems odd to me but if it doesn't effect performance, who am I to question the AL engineers.

So the incorporation of the spacer with the small opening was an effort to keep water out of the first stage? Seems odd to me but if it doesn't effect performance, who am I to question the AL engineers.

Interesting notion. Where did you get this info from?

-Z

My mistake. You said it was to improve nitrox compatibility. When you spoke of rental gear and difficulty of inspection with the small opening my mind went to like it was a simple ACD attempt. What purpose does that smaller opening have. I get the material change from nylon to stainless but don't get the small opening. Why not just go to the washer we all see now and skip that small opening?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom