• Tusa Compat IQ-400

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tusa Imprex II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got an Oceanic Versa Pro and love it. Big numbers (important for those of us of a "certain age"). No extraneous information (unless you want it). Like the bar graphs.

Rich

Sunnto Vyper

It is versitale, been around and diver tested and conservative. If I want to throw the conservative out then just put it in gauge mode. Downloadable and you can do wristmount or console..

If you base your decision strictly on price, you're doing yourself a big disservice and will regret it shortly down the road.

logging over 200 dives a year and just love the aeris atmos pro(now the aeris atmos II). simple to use and reliable. oceanic computers are similar and manufactured by the same company!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefman
key largo

dscotte once bubbled...
For the people that voted "Other" can you pleas explain what you would rather have and why.
I prefer not to use a computer but rather a depth gauge and bottom timer.

The reason (beside CRYB) is that I am interested in controlling my dive according to the time spent at depth and I am not interested in what a computer thinks my remaining NDL time is.

I hesitated to respond to this thread since you have your heart set on getting a computer... but you should at least be made aware that not everyone believes they are necessary or even a good thing.

There's more but not for this thread.

I know it's not on your "basic" list, but this is a great computer for only slightly more money than many of the computers you have listed. Of course, I don't know how many $$ you consider to be "an arm and a leg."

The Vyper has a large, easy to read display, can be used with either air or nitrox. It has a nice dive log feature, and I find the buttons easy to use.

Finally, if you decide to follow UP's advice regarding the bottom timer, the Vyper has a gauge mode for just this purpose.

Thanks for all the HELP!! I ended up going with the favor S by suunto becuase my LDS had them on sale for $150 in a two unit counsol.:D

Back
Top Bottom