• Grand Cayman

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Provo, Turks and Caicos

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Grand Cayman 3 times, 2 of which were diving with Ocean Frontiers and I have stayed at Compass Point once. I echo the positive points above about this dive operation and condo choice. Cayman is not cheap but their package was ok. They are on the East End of the island and your choice of restaurants there is limited. The units at Compass Point have kitchens, of course, so stock up at the grocery store and cook your own meals. The walls and reefs off of the East End are very nice. I was hesitant to take the trip to Stingray City but got talked into it - my first inclination was right and I should not have gone. I have heard that diving on the "Sister Islands" of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman is even better and I will do both of those on a 2-week trip in June 2012.

I have taken a trip to Provo and did not have a bad time with Flamingo Divers but be advised that most of the runs to the reefs and walls are 45 minutes to an hour. Grand Turk is on my "to-do" list but that entails an additional airplane from Provo.

I went to Curacao with my non-diving spouse a few years ago and got in a few dives. Reefs were in good shape and the sponges were the best I've seen.

Believe it or not, I have not gotten to Bonnaire. It is high on my "to-do" list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom