Need help locating 8" springs...Dealers? DIYers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm looking for some 8"/20cm springs for pair of fins I have, they came with 23cm springs but they are a tad too loose. The smallest springs I've been able to locate over here (Japan) is a 22.5cm. I figure in the US your range/availability is far greater. Anyway if anyone can help me out that would be awesome. I don't really want to have to buy a complete spring strap set if I can avoid it if I can simply swap out the spring. I have taken my old straps apart no problem now I just need the springs.Of course i'd be happy to send some money over to cover cost of springs and shipping.

Any dealers out there who can source just the spring?

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Alternatively how easy is it to cut the springs and reform the ends?

what is preventing you from simply shortening them?

This idea hadn't crossed my mind until someone else pointed it out, yes I think I'll give that a try, im assuming a couple of pairs of pliers will do the trick? is there anything I need to be aware of?

This idea hadn't crossed my mind until someone else pointed it out, yes I think I'll give that a try, im assuming a couple of pairs of pliers will do the trick? is there anything I need to be aware of?

I use a flat tip screwdriver. inset it from the outside of the spring and push the tip out the end, hold the spring and rotate the screwdriver. error on the long side and repeat as necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom