Need Help In Selecting Red Sea Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, RE has been in service for 15 years or so, and it shows (haven’t been on her though since 2016. But has been the best thanks to the capability of the vessel and the best crew/captains, hand picked by Yasser El Moafi, the owner, who is a true pioneer. He ”invented” most of the itineraries that today are ”copied” by other operators, ”Simply The Best” etc.

My first trip will be in November so I will let other more experienced divers comment. I thought you should know about the fire that sunk the Red see Aggressor I and resulted in the death of one of the customers. My understanding is that Aggressor is a franchise and so you cannot exactly expect the safety standards of one LOB to be the same of others in the fleet. Just be aware:
I havent checked the validity of the postings from the survivors, but it's worth a read.

I also inquired about the event when I tried to book with the Red Sea Aggressor II for my trip, and they declined to comment.
It was an Aggressor. I appreciate the article. I travel on Aggressor a lot and feel very safe on them. Of course I will still research how/why this happened. One thing I have changed in the way I travel on liveaboards is that I do not stay below deck. I pay more to be on an upper deck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom