Need help importing a reg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking for an o2 clean MTX-R reg. I know Apeks makes one, its listed on our the UK site but not the US. My dive shop tells me that they cannot get it. Anyone have any ideas where I may find one to have it shipped to the US?

Thanks in advance...

Aaron

Aaron...

Send an email to Mark Derrick at DGX...Dive Gear Express...he doesn't sell Apeks...but he has several O2 cleaned packages for 50% to 100 %...with no further cleaning req'd...also contact Chris at Deep-6...

Any reg can be O2 cleaned by a qualified service tech...dis-assemble...O2 clean with Crystal Simple Green/warm water...dry...reassemble using O2 compatible lubricant...and O2 cleaned Viton ''O'' rings...in a clean environment...

Any good shop can provide this service for you...and remember...your reg is really only O2 cleaned until it's used...as any ''questionable'' fill will contaminate it...

I have two of the packages as shown...from DGX...they were O2 cleaned for 100% O2 application when purchased...for intended use...they're perfect...

Hope this helps...

W.W...

DGX Deco.jpg

Well. I had an O2 fire, in the seventies. I wanted to try OC oxygen for deco, so I managed to mount a standard reg (an Aquilon) on a pure-oxygen bottle.
It was not O2 cleaned, it was quite dirty, with joke connection and O-rings made of who-knows-what type of rubber and lubricated with inflammable grease.
As I opened the valve, the first stage literally exploded, with a burst of flame finding his way through the metal (at the end there was an ovoidal hole in the metal).
The flame was half meter long, a few centimetres from my face. Luckily I was prompt closing the valve, and the flame estinguished.
I was really scared, and learned the hard way how dangerous pure oxygen at 200 bar can be...
A random 70s regulator, not at all intended for high o2 exposure, isn’t really much like a brand new (and so not yet contaminated) 2019 Apeks, I do worry about contamination.

My Snark had an oil filled SPG...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom