Need help identifying Aqualung 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jardine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought this US Divers reg in 1993 with the "Select" 2nd stage. I'm trying to find out what design is uses. Piston vs. diaphram, balanced vs. unbalance, enviro sealed or not. The serial on the reg is X5B3593. The number on the original box was 100400. Is there a site I can go to that would help me figure out the model, etc.? It has four LP ports and one HP port. One of the LP ports is larger, maybe 1/2 inch. I haven't measured it. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be greatful.

Thanks,

Jardine

Attachments

• Aqualung 1st Stage 1.jpg
    Aqualung 1st Stage 1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Aqualung 1st Stage 2.jpg
    Aqualung 1st Stage 2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 95
That is one of the later Conshelf.

It is a balanced diaphragm first stage with the same mechanical design first introduced in the Royal Aqua Master double hose in 1965. All the internal parts are he same as several other regulators including the Titan, etc.

The Conshelf is still in production.

That particular unit is not environmentally sealed (you can see the open slot in the large adjusting screw), but can be easily converted to a dry environmental chamber. The conversion kit is the same as in the Titan and others.

That first stage is one of the most reliable first stages ever made. The design has a proven track record of over 40 years and it continues to perform great.

Added:
In this thread you can see one of my Conshelf modified with the dry environmental kit.
It is the alternate regulator (on the right) on picture 7 and 8.
This is one of my favorite single hose first stages.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vi...atest-technical-diving-regulator-phoenix.html

Great, thanks for the info Luis. I found some diagrams online today and I believe it is a Conshelf SE3. Is there a list somewhere that I could double check the serial number against? Maybe just calling Aqualung themselves? I would like to put an environmental seal on it. Any idea how much one of those would run from a dealer?

You can try calling Aqua Lung with the serial number, but they may not be able to help. That is a relatively newer Conshelf so they may have record of it, but some years ago they had a fire and lost most of there records.

I should know what the price for an environmental is...I have surely bought plenty of them, but I can't find right now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom