Need Help Getting started with olymp c-4000 where to start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverhead.com once bubbled...
I use DAN for my camera and equipment insurance. Insuring my dive gear as well as my photo gear makes me feel a bit more comfortable while traveling afar. I have yet to file a claim (knock on wood), but have read many posts from people that have with no problem.

Oh, I didn't realize that DAN also did insurance for gear - I know that I've read other threads about DEPP and have only heard good things about them, and the DAN medical insurance has an equally good reputaiton, but does the DAN equipment insurance compare to the DEPP? As was said by someone in one of the other threads going around about the diving insurance, I like the idea of using DAN, as they are non-profit, so any profits made from my insurance premiums are redirected back to their other good causes, which is a nice thought.

Since I don't travel to dive, I haven't really thought that insuring my gear would be necessary before now, but I can definitely see the benefit with an expensive camera and the risk for flooding. Not that I need to think about camera insurance anytime soon (since this will be the biggest gear purchase I'll be making to date, I'm trying to take my time and get a full education before buying a camera), but it's nice to know everything I'll need to consider beforehand. Thanks!

Doc V made a comparison of DEPP and DAN coverage but I can't find it at the moment. I remember one of the major differences was that DAN 's coverage looks cheaper but the deductable was $250, no matter what happened. With DEPP it's 10% plus a filing fee ($25?). With DEPP you have to list items for flood coverage and pay a 4% fee for it but again...it's affordable.

Some people complain about DEPP requiring some dive gear to be covered also but I don't see the problem. I certainly don't have a problem listing my dive computer and regs/gauges. If those were stolen or broken/destroyed I probably couldn't afford to replace them both at the same time. With DEPP's coverage, the small deductable is affordable.

I'll keep my DEPP coverage, gladly pay the yearly premium, and smile when I have to make a claim!

Back
Top Bottom