Need help from UK Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keralucu

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone in the UK...

I need a bit of help finding a suitable dive club for a friend of a friend in London who is coming on our Similan dive trip in Feb next year. He certified OW in April last year in Thailand (Koh Tao) and hasn't dived since so he needs to do a refresher and maybe AOW if he can.

This is what he has asked:

Do you know of any (dive clubs) apart from the one at Wapping as it ain't terribly convenient to get
to now I don't have access to a car? What would be my options if I were looking at doing my PADI Advanced Open Water in the UK between now and Feb 2002. What is the BSAC equivalent and is it recognised by PADI?
----------------------------------------

Any help you could give would be much appreciated. (I think he's a cold water wimp, or is that warm water wimp?, anyway, he'd rather do it sooner than later in the year...brrr)

Cheers all
:)

Just bring this thread a bit of life before it dies hun...Just to let you know - i live close to london now so i will take a look around for your friend...however, it would be helpful to know where in london (e.g. south, east, north) cause its quite a big place!!!!

Ummm.... I don't know where he lives! He's a friend of a friend, but I'll find out - I know, I should have thought of that before - sort of forgot how big London is! (duh)

Thanks for responding anyway... will get back to ya, babe!

I'll see what I can do !

when you tell me where I will be able to find one thats closest for him/her but till then, heres a few bits to be thinking about!

Soho Divers
They are SAA but welcome PADI and other training organisations.
Contact Info:
Mark Haringman
by phone 07050 61 01 71
by eMail mark_haringman@yahoo.com

AquaMarine SAA
Also display PADI logo on site!
Aquamarine SAA meet on Monday evenings at 9pm at Seven Islands Leisure Centre, Lower Road, Rotherhithe SE16.
- map on site
General enquiries: info@aquamarine.org.uk
Training enquiries: training@aquamarine.org.uk

Crouch End Divers
These guys are BSAC and only train BSAC
North London (nr. Tottenham) - map on site
Approx. 60 members
EMAIL: diving@carr.force9.net

PADI dive clubs in the UK
SAA dive clubs in the UK
BSAC dive clubs in East London
BSAC dive clubs in North East London
BSAC dive clubs in North West London
BSAC dive clubs in West London
BSAC dive clubs in South London
BSAC dive clubs in Central London

Hopefully that lot will keep you going till you find out where the friend of a friend lives...then I will find out the nearest for him/her!

Ooooh, t'anks EVER so much for that Abby! You have been busy on my behalf.... Will send him an email right now and find out exactly where he is and where he would prefer to go diving. From that wealth of info you provided I'm sure Andy will be able to find the right club for himself, however if he needs any more help, I will let you know.

You are a STAR, girl!

Pleasure was all mine girlie!
Hope i have helped!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom