Need help from C5050/PT-015 users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

panty liner trick: if you have no dessicant, you can put a strip of femenine hygene
pads or panty liners inside a camera housing to absorb moisture (and keep it from
fogging).

i've never tried this myself, for obvious reasons

:bounce:

ROFL - Now I have heard it all...
I cant wait to see the face of Camilla when I ask her to take an extra couple of these things along for me...

This UW photo thing, certainly takes you in unexpected directions, and not only down...

Andy's right....cut the panty liner into strips approx. 1" x 2" long or whatever size fits your housing the best. For you guys who are embarassed to be seen with panty liners, cut them into strips ahead of time and keep them in a ziplock bag.

Just remember guys...everyone knows those things aren't yours!

10X:
Whenever I opened my PT-015 housing, it was very tight and appeared to be well sealed. I had to work at it to get it open.

Yeah, mine too. This housing is new and only has 5 or so dives on it, due to concentration on classes during my last dive trip. I've tried less grease, more grease, and nothing seems to change it. It's just a bear to open, so hard that I worry I am going to break off the flanges that I use to lever it apart. But it does move a little bit at a time and eventually opens. It's not vacuum, just a very tight fit with the double O-rings. I worry that if I leave this closed for a long period, something might really stick and I could not open it at all. Looking on the positive side, I doubt it will leak via those O-rings.

I am comparing this with the effort to open my old PT-010 housing, which in contrast was easy to open. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, or should I just wait for it to wear in?

I only have about 50 dives on mine but it's still hard to open. As you say, the finger flange things built onto the housing are to use as leverage to pry the back open. That means it was designed to fit that tight.

Dee:
We ladies do come in handy every now and then. Don't forget the panty liner trick when you're out of dessicant.
Just a thought...

What happens in case of a flood???? According to the commercials for these things we will have no where to dive! ! !

Have we actually thought this through??? :)

Well....I think if you used a full pad, it would be a concern but just a little piece of mini-pad will only absorb the drips leaking from the mode dial...thus saving you from a full flood!

:rofl:

i think he was saying that the pads are so absorbent, they'll soak up the entire
ocean and we won't have anywhere left to dive.

ok, i have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much free time on my hands...

Yeah...I got that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom