Need help for fuji f420 and Epoque ES-150DS flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In order for the ES 150DS to know when to sync with the camera's shutter, the strobe must be able to see the flash from the host camera in its waterproof housing. This can be accomplished with or without a dedicated fibre optic cable. If a fibre optic cable is not used the strobe way be triggered by external light sources other than the host camera. The flash on the host camera must also be set to fire on every shot and the camera ISO set to 100. The ES 150DS has 2 power settings (ONE OFF & ON). ONE OFF is for cameras that have a pre flash before the main flash (ie. two flashes) and ON is for cameras that have a single flash.

The Epoque ES 150DS Digital Strobe has the following manual settings, 3,6,9,12, and 15. Each of these settings refers to the intensity of the light produced. The higher the number, the longer the flash stays on, yielding more light output. The corresponding guide number values for each setting at ISO 100 is also 3,6,9,12,and 15. The guide number at ISO 100 is equal to the aperture times the distance between strobe and subject in feet. (GN = A X D)
A simple example is provided below.
In this example the strobe is 3 feet away from the target and an Aperture of f/4 is selected:
GN = A (f/4) X D (3 ft)........ 4 X 3 = 12
In this scenario, you would set the Guide Number setting to 12.

These are the instructions we here at work have put together and ship with every Epoque strobe we sell, i hope this helps you out, i also have another document which is really informative regarding the strobe you have purchased i will dig it out of my archives and post it here for you.

Hope this helps you some.

ASB

Thanks aussie_shark_bait !

Every bit of advise is useful !! I am waiting for your next post if you manage to dig out the other document you mentioned!!

Thanks...

Manogr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom