Need help finding LT wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I'm new to diving and am looking for a wetsuit. Preferably a full 5 or 5/4, and with zippers at least on the legs if not both legs and arms. I'm 6'5" with a 32" waist and 190 lbs. I've googled wetsuits trying to find manufacturers that make LT and only found Xcel. Am I missing something? I know I'm really going to be hard to fit, but I can't believe I can only find one manufacturer? Anyone know of any others? Thank you in advance for your help!

-Arkk

+1 on Jim's recommendation. Not sure how being in Japan complicates it though.....

If he's got a tailor or even a friend who can read a tailors tape I'd bet Connie could send the measuring form by email and get things worked out that way. If he's military, which I'm going to guess he is USPS priority mail would be the same price as me sending the same package to you.

Actually, the form is available on the web, and can be scanned and returned electronically or you can submit via e-mail the measurements referencing the numbesr on the instructions. That is how I did mine....

It depends on the product line, but I know that LT size (and other "in between" sizes") is available from Bare, Pinnacle, Henderson and Waterproof (Waterproof actually offers a ridiculous amount of sizes) A quick browse through Leisure Pro's wetsuit section would probably yield other brands as well

Actually, the form is available on the web, and can be scanned and returned electronically or you can submit via e-mail the measurements referencing the numbesr on the instructions. That is how I did mine....
See I didn't even know that since I got mine ordered at DEMA and Connie and her hubby did the measuring themselves. Thanks Bob, Another bit of valuable info to note.

Connie is amazing. She actually called me back because one of the measurements I turned in just didn't seem possible to her. Turns out I had not done it right. They are really that good at what they do!

You're about the same size as me, I'm 6'4" with 32" waist (no idea about my weight, but I think it's around the same also). After trying on a lot of things, my dive shop got me a medium/large-tall 5mm full suit from Henderson (their thermoprene kind). It fits just perfectly. Funny enough, when I looked on their website to find the suit, that exact size wasn't even listed. Even on the suit itself it only says ML, but it's definitely taller than regular ML suits.

Thank you all for the help. I will check out each bit of info when I get off work later.

Back
Top Bottom