need help finding "durable" gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am occasionally called to do a "working dive" which usually involves handling cables or ropes that are encrusted w/ zebra mussles, which we know destroy gloves in a hurry.
I normally wear a size XL or 2XL so it is difficult to find heavy utility gloves to go over my wetsuit gloves. I have used cheap latex dipped knit gloves with some success (they are cheap enough that I can throw them away after 1 use). They do an adequate job of protecting my hands from abrasion, but don't do anything to keep them warm.
Any ideas?

Hmmm. You could try a normal pair of coldwater gloves of your choice then overlay on top a pair of kevlar cutproof gloves(filleting gloves).
The same type you see at fishing stores to protect guys working fast with sharp knives filleting fish. Some brands have a rubberized palm for grip. They are usually short length at the cuff/wrist so you can maybe overlap the kevlar wrist with one revolution of velcro (hook side only side down) one half on the kevlar and other half on the insulated glove to keep the kevlar glove from slipping off.

A possible item out of many:
Uline Kevlar Super Gription Coated in Stock - Uline

Back
Top Bottom