Need help find a womens wet suit in larger sizes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may also want to check out Bare Wetsuits. You may look at the 14 plus category. They are made of progressive stretch now. I have one at the shop in blue in the hydrostretch ( old style), looks the same but different material. It is still very stretchy and you can add up to 20LBs on the weight chart. Reg. $149.00 but I would sell it for $100 if you wanted it. $6.00 for UPS shipping.

http://www.bare-wetsuits.com/bareshop/diveproduct.asp?dept_id=25010&pf_id=64010

Bare does have a great selction sizes so that's worh a peek.

I do not suggest exploiting a high stretch suit to attain a usable fit. When a suit stretces the laws of physics are not suspended. A suit under tension is thinner and will offer less protection, tension will also take a toll on seams and the material in genral over time.

As the spouse of a "not off the rack" gal I encourage you to contact Liquidfit, an Atlan dealer or any of the others suggested here about a custom fit. The slight wait and very insignificant extra cost will be a great investment in your diving enjoyment and safety. If you have a local suit maker that can measure and fit you onsite that is the ultimate. If you send measurements in be sure to have sombody take your measurements, do not do them yourself.

Pete

Carolyn (Liquidfit) stayed on the phone with us while my friend took my measurements. She was very precise about what she wanted, and the phone call lasted about a half hour. I had my wetsuit within a week of taking the measurements and it fits perfectly...well it did, but I've lost weight since I got my suit. Did I mention that she does the first alteration beyond fine tuning for free?

I have to added how much my whole family loves Liquidfit suits. Carolyn is the best! We have 8 of her suits - from a big guy to a ladies size 4 - she can and does offer all sizes.

Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom