need help choosing dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stichrunner

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
going to riviera Maya, Moon Palace next April and I'm looking for some good dive spots and dive shops. I'm nitrox and Advanced open water certified. any info would help. thanks

Hi....welcome to Mexico ! this is our dive center in playa del carmen Dive Shop Mexico, we manage small groups. I highly recommend you cenote cavern dives...are awesome and the gem of the Riviera Maya, we also have a very nice dive with turtles in a drift dive...and also Cozumel diving, the main difference between playa or local dives and Cozumel is that Cozumel offers bigger coral formations....the pinacles...and drop offs.........please, feel free to ask us anything you need or drop a mail in the website....regards...natalia

Hola, the Moon Palace is located about 25 to 30mins. from Cancun. To dive in cancun transportation has to be arranged either by the dive shop or yourself or together. For Caverns and Cozumel (wall dives) (whole day tours) you are picked up at the lobby of your hotel though you have to specify wich lobby, it is a big place in there.
Check out Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home call toll free for any doubts, questions, packages etc.It is a small op American family owned.
Hope this info is useful to you and to see you soon.

Check out Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras. Dennis Weeks, Pez de Diablo here, owns the shop and runs a great operation. You won't be disappointed.

Just got back from Puerto Aventuras. Dove with Aquanauts. This is a small, but awesome shop. They are very personable and don't have the hangups some shops do that deals with Hotel divers. If you want a great experience with knowledgeable divers go to Aquanauts. They are in Puerto Aventuras. After your dive, stay for lunch and explore the town.

Hi!

We dove with Cave Heaven from Puerto Adventuras and loved it! It was just my boyfriend, myself, and our DM Ema. The people who run Cave Heaven, Adam and Ema, They had to be the nicest people I have ever met down there! Anyway, we dove in the cenotes- lights and additional gear if needed was available. It is a must if you ever go to Riviera Maya. Their website is Quality cave and scuba diving instruction, and guided cave and cavern diving in Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula

Try them out! :)
Trista

Back
Top Bottom