Need Help Aqualung Titan Lx Vs Mares Rover 12s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone i new to scuba and had a question about these two regulators. I was thinking about buying a mares rover 12s vs aqualing titan LX i will provide the links underneath please le me know what you guys think or is there any other one i should look at. I am looking to spend around 200 please let me know thank you

mares Mares Rover 12S Regulator

aqualung Titan

aqualung over Mares, but you are aware that there is a lot of other pieces involved to get a fully setup regulator yeah? What are your long term goals, and how did you come to choose those two regulators?

Thank you for the response. I have been talking to my local dive shop and i am well aware i will need more gear but for a starter i ended up picking up aqualung pro hd BCD. These 2 brand of regulators were suggested by a guy at the shop. I am located in California so i am hoping to local dives and do a little spear fishing

Hey everyone i new to scuba and had a question about these two regulators. I was thinking about buying a mares rover 12s vs aqualing titan LX i will provide the links underneath please le me know what you guys think or is there any other one i should look at. I am looking to spend around 200 please let me know thank you

mares Mares Rover 12S Regulator

aqualung Titan

The link for AL regulator shows a "Titan" not a "Titan LX"

I am partial to the AL regulator product line over Mares regulators based on my many years of using and testing both lines in addition to servicing them. I have no actual experience with the Mares Rover 12 however.

Reading the specs for both, it would appear that the "Titan" is a higher class regulator than the mentioned Mares Rover 12 regulator and is reflected in the MSRP for both. I'd go with the AL regulator (disclaimer: no actual use experience with the the mentioned Mares Rover 12 regulator however).

Titan LX is likely all the regulator you will ever need, plus AL warranty free parts for life is best in the industry. I have more regs than anyone should have, and think the ALs are the best all around.

Thank you guys for all the help .I am going to get the aqualung titan regulator.

I have a Titan LX. Used it a few times, and now it's just a backup reg. Cannot reccommend it. Not sure what a better bet in your price range is, but I am now using a Scubapro MK25/S600. Far superior breathing at all depths and orientations. Highly reccomended.

My personal preference would be the Titan. It is a little more compact is very reliable and will have more dealers every where. If you get the Titan make sure that to get one that has the standard hose connector on the 2nd stage, some models came with a proprietary connector on the second stage that required Aqualung proprietary hoses or purchasing an Aqualung adapter to use a standard LP hose.

Between these two regs, hands down I'd go with the Titan. It is a bulletproof reg, but like Claymore said, get the version with the standard hose fitting, I believe it's called the Titan Classic.

... I am looking to spend around 200 please let me know thank you

These appear to be quite different calibre regs and hence the answer appears obvious. But can you get the Titan for $200?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom