Need Help Aqualung Titan Lx Vs Mares Rover 12s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between the two, I will choose Titan as well. All modern reg when tune properly, breath similarly great. Titan is a proven design. AL can easily get world wide support.

Both are tried and true. You can't go wrong with either as an entry regulator. I own both Mares and Aqualung regulators and like them both for mostly common reasons: reliability, simplicity in that I can do much of the maintenance myself and the fact that world-wide distribution means that LDS's everywhere can repair and tune them.

Get the one you personally like the most.

Hey! Sorry it took a few days for a response. I wanted to say Thank you to everyone for your quick responses an all the helpful input. Currently I am biding on a new "Titan" on eBay that I am hoping to get for about $200. If I don't get it, are there any other options that are out there comparable but budget friendly?

Thanks again for all the help.

are you sure your Titan was tuned properly? I have own quite a few brands, AL, HOG, Atomic, SP, Oceanic, I know what I prefer, but if I have to do a blind test, I won't be able to tell which is which. My AL is Legend, but as far as I kow, Titan and Legand are more similar than difference.

If I don't get it, are there any other options that are out there comparable but budget friendly?
How's this? Genesis Atlas Package
Genesis Atlas Package
  • Balanced flow by piston 1st stage
  • Dry Air Demand (DAD) design
  • Environmentally sealed construction
  • 2nd stage downstream demand valve
  • Compact and low profile octopus regulator
$249.95
Not sure if it is comparable, but it is budget!

What's the benefit of AL Titan vs one of the older AL first stages such as Conshelf 22? Design in terms of materials and hose routing?

Back
Top Bottom