Need Help! Aeris Atmos 2 or Oceanic VT Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaldiver65

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm getting ready to buy a new computer and it is between these two. I had made up my mind on the Aeris Atmos 2 untill I saw the VT Pro on sale. I can get the Atmos 2 for $250 and the VT Pro for $500. Is it worth the extra $250 for the AI. Please Advise.

I find the computer recording pressures if nice, saves me from writing it down. It's not something I'd need full time however.

Here's what I'd tell you if you really must ask.

Is it worth it? Yes, No. It all depends on you. You're the one spending the money. If you can afford it but it, if not then don't. It's a good computer.

Do you need AI? Absolutely not.

Do I have one, yes. Why? I could afford it at the time I got my VT-3 and I love it. I still use my SPG however.

socaldiver65:
the VT Pro for $500

Can you reveal where you are getting the deal from? I've been looking at the Aeris ai, but the VT Pro is very similar, I think, and that's a good price.

IMHO. The two computers are very similiar except for one thing. Hoseless Air integration. The VT Pro has it, the Atmos 2 doesn't. So you need to decide if having a digital readout of your air is worth the extra $250, otherwise you are left to the analog style.

I dive with a Atmos 2 wrist computer and love it. Are there days I wish I had the air integration? Yes, but it's not that hard to grab my spg and look at my air. It's up to you, if you've got the money, I'd go for the VT Pro.

RichKirby:
Can you reveal where you are getting the deal from? I've been looking at the Aeris ai, but the VT Pro is very similar, I think, and that's a good price.

RichKirby,

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=VTPro has the VT Pro for $550, it was just reduced from $669. Scubaboard members get 10% off at there store. You don't get 10% via the web, you have to call and place a phone order. There store is in Texes so if you don't live there you won't pay sales tax, just shipping. I'm going to wait a month or so to see if they offer free shipping for x-mas. I also think that the Aeris Elite might get reduced too, considering they are discontiuning that model.

If you realy want a Aeris AI, these guys http://www.divers-supply.com/ATMOS-ELITE-p/aer730.htm have the Aeris Elite for $669 with free shipping but they are out of Georgia and Florida. If you don't live in either of these two state you will won't pay sale tax.

I'm on the fence about spending the extra money. I will still dive with a SPG. My buddy has the Aeris Elite and loves it. All he needs to remember is the name of the dive site, everything else is logged in the computer. He really likes the alarms he can set from the presure settings. It's hard to spend $250 just for AI.

I dive with the Atmos 2 and don't think it's a big deal to check air ...then again, my car doesn't talk to me and I actually have to push the button on my coffee maker everymorning...... if I had an extra $250 I'd go for it but otherwise I'm thinkin' you could always find something else you want to spend $250 bucks on (BTW I don't think you can get a talking car for that - he! he!) This is a rhetorical question but just wanna encourage you to think about what else you would do with $250?

The Air integration on the VT-Pro offers much more then just your air pressure read out digitally... It offers you info like bottom time remaining based on the not just NDL but how much time you have left based on your air consumption, it also offers two gas alarms that you can set to signal you when you are low on air!

Hope this helps and if I can help just give me a call..

Thanks

Joe

Get the air integrated it is worth it. I dive the VT Pro and I like it. It is a liberal computer though, so know your limits

Go with the VT Pro and never look back. I bought a Versa Pro first, and then gave it to my son and bought the VT Pro. It has several features that are really nice to have, like constant air remaining readout, and DTR and turn time based on actual air consumption.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom