Need Experienced Dive Buddies - DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris1999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Finished certification. I think I'm fairly competent when compared to others of my experience level. I am confident in the skills I learned in OW. Have no interest in doing something risky or beyond my ability. Safety for me and my buddy is my #1 concern. Would like to get some more experience and actually have a little fun diving. I think about the only place that seems doable from a visibility standpoint is clear springs, which is fine by me and is where I did my OW dives.

Im pretty flexible on my weekend availability. My air consumption probably isnt the best either :)

With more experienced buddies the learning curve can be shortened, but who is in a hurry.......learning with folks at your same level can be fun. It's important to just dive and practice what you have learned to this point. :)

With more experienced buddies the learning curve can be shortened, but who is in a hurry.......learning with folks at your same level can be fun. It's important to just dive and practice what you have learned to this point. :)

This was the point I was going to make

It was helpfull that a lot of the stuff I learned was through buddies with my same level of experience, the fun of discovery is increased and I feel its more relaxed, less pressure aka fun.

With that said I love learning from mentors as well, but you need to mix it up a bit.

Alan well put................its all about getting bottom time and with that you gain experience..............

When I got to Cozumel, the dive shop asked if I wanted a personal dive master since I was not drift diving certified. That would cost extra of course.

I passed since I am a dive master and can figure it out on the first dive. You know how we like the unknown and excitement of diving new spots with new conditions.

I did ask the other divers on the boat who had experience an adequate number of questions to satisfy my dive plan and exit strategy in an emergency situation. I even mentally developed a left at sea strategy. Oh well, too many dive classes and books I guess.

A couple times this came in handy this last week. It might be a Texas Swampers thing too for diving.

My normal dive buddy hasdjust a couple more dives than I had when I got my cert. We have learned alot by just getting under water. We also know each other pretty well. We also know each others equipment which will help if needed.
We both have dove with other that have so much more experience and we learn from them also. I certainly won't limit myself.
But anyway Chris...welcome to the board and to the underwater world.

To answer your question though, there are board members at Clear Springs almost every weekend. I have yet to meet a Swamper that would turn their nose up at diving with a new diver. Just post when you're going to be there and see who shows up.

Now back to our new dive buddy love fest. :)

I'll show you a place to dive that's the same drive time as cssp from DFW but makes cssp look like a kiddy park...doesn't have much in the way of structures like the plane and boat at cssp but has shelves and a learning platform...also goes down to about 110

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom