Need dive site in Missouri...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie in TN

Reaction score
HI! As the title implies, I am a newbie in TN and I am looking for a site to dive that half way (or there abouts) between Des Moines, IA and Memphis, TN. My dad, who lives in Des Moines is an expierenced diver, but I need to fininsh my certification check-out dives...I have completed the classroom and pool work. I would like to arrange this trip for the end of April as a b-day gift to dad. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I think Columbia. MO is about as close to half way as I have found...

Shanna

To my knowledge there isn't much diving available around mid-Missouri. The best diving is down here in SW-Mo. Tablerock lake, Bull Shoals lake and Norfork lake are the best.

My favorite is Bull Shoals. The Pontiac area is good and they have a dive shop that is "sometimes" open. Or down at the dam end of the lake near Bull Shoals town is also a good area for diving. That end of the lake has a good dive shop, boats to rent, and several neat sites to dive on.

Hope that helps.

Hey Scubaddawg,

Do you know anything about this place on the website link called Eugene? I've never heard of it.

chill

Yes, I was interested in more information on Pame De Terre and Eugune. Any personal expierence with any of these?? I have talked to Bonne Terre and thier prices seem a little high. AND -- I will be doing my certification and will not be able to do any real "trail dives" so the real beauty of the mine will be lost for me anyway. THANKS!!

Shanna

Sorry i do not have any experience with this place as yet but i will try to find something to help you out...

Scubaddawg...:skull:

The place in Eugene is probably 2 quarries that are operated/owned by Scuba Adventure in Jefferson City. They're at 901 Jefferson St, and their # is: 573-634-3483(DIVE)

The place you want is in Rolla, MO, Quail Run Divers Quarry, (573) 368-5400. Only an hour SW of St. Louis off I-44. Not a thrilling dive site, but perfect for Open Water cert dives. Better conditions & facilities for OW dives than other MO quarries.

Or, stop a little sooner in Metropolis, IL, at Mermet Springs Quarry, http://www.mermetsprings.com/ , even better setup than Rolla.

theskull

Jmaserati:
The place in Eugene is probably 2 quarries that are operated/owned by Scuba Adventure in Jefferson City. They're at 901 Jefferson St, and their # is: 573-634-3483(DIVE)

I would avoid the 2 quarries...I dove there a few weeks ago, its cold water, and there is hardly anything at all to see, and the road to get back to them is the worst road I think I have ever been on in my life.

On the plus side, vis was probably about 25 or 30 foot...just nothing to see there.

yep... just what diverbob said... not the best quarry dive, but it's there. I just thought I'd add the info in case someone really wanted to try them, and since it's private you'll need to coordinate w/Scuba Adventure first - it's a padlocked gate now.

Back
Top Bottom