Need Dive Op Recommendation for Day of Cenotes Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We (Craig66 and I) just came back, two weeks ago and had an amazing day diving with Nico of Cenoteexperience.com, see my earlier review. He picked us up from the PDC ferry. We did Angelita and both sites at Dos Ojos, a great day. Nico is also an instructor and we had total confidence under his guidance.

I have used Abyss in Playa a couple of times. Good operation.

I have a question for you Cenote divers as well...I am heading to Cozumel in January (21st to 28th) and want to dive some cenotes before the "dive trip" in Coz officially starts.
Is it better to stay in Playa del Carmen or further down the road in Tulum?
Where are the good Centoes 'clustered'?
Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Feel free to email me directly.

It is better to stay south of PDC -- it is a 25 minute drive from PDC to the first of the common dived cenotes, and they are scattered from there to Tulum. Puerto Aventuras, Akumal and Tulum would all be good choices of places to stay. PA has a bunch of restaurants, none of which are particularly good (but after the second margarita, you won't care). Akumal has fewer choices, and you can't easily walk to all of them. Tulum has the widest choice of places to eat, but you have to be a little careful about booking lodging there -- don't go for cheap unless you have a reference from somebody who has stayed there. Some places come with hot and cold running cockroaches . . . but no hot water :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom