Need dive boat advice for Great Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a couple boats in your price range:
grady white 24 offshore click for larger view
click for larger view
It sounds like the GW is rigged for diving. I've been eye balling it for a while. Craig is a great guy and it's a nice hop across L. MI on the Badger in Ludington. Good luck.

Nice looking boat, but "I" would be a little concerned with 1300hrs on the motors. Mind you may be just fine and last for years. On the other hand replacing twins could cost a bundle.
The seller more then likely has done a compression check and have those numbers. Service records would also be of great help. How many owners? Fewer the better, and contacting the last would help make the decision also.
Maybe check out boated.com and ask about the boat and motors. Lots of good information can be found on that site.

Good Luck, Al

I have a 2000 Boston Whaler Outrage 23 with twin outboards 135 Hp with under 300 hours (confirmed with print out) Merc Optimaxes in CT.
On a trailer with GPS.....UHF.....CD AM FM with a T top
Id part with it for
and thats a deal & well worth the drive/
For any less i am keeping it for my nephew.
That Grady is nice but the motors are dinosaurs

I doubt your Dakota will like it when full with 166 gallons of fuel

I think I found my boat. A 1997 Aquasport 245 Explorer with a Johnson 225 with 400 hours. Compression is very good and the steering cables have just been replaced. Boat is extremely clean and on a trailer for $12,000. Everything has been checked and works fine. A deposit has been made!

Congrats! Let's see some pics when you get them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom