Need contributors for new scuba travel website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmyers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Myself and some other diving enthusiasts are in process of launching a new website dedicated to scuba diving, and more specific scuba travel. We have got the structure of the site up with most of the functionality in place. What we are needing is content for some of our sections and a review of everything to ensure accuracy. With all of the expertise on this board, we would like to ask if anyone would be willing to be a contributor and help us write the material for the various sections. Below is a list of the major sections we will be implementing.

• Learn to Dive: This section will educate people thinking about undertaking scuba about the various certification agencies and what to look for when selecting a school and an instructor.
  • Dive Safety: This section will educate the soon-to-be diver as well as experienced divers about diving safety and what they can do to ensure they have safe dives.
  • Dive Travel: This section will deal with the do’s and don’ts of dive travel including doing proper research, scam awareness and general preparation.
  • Dive Tours: This section will house a list of dive tour operators around the world with the list being broke down by continent, county and then city or region. We will also, at a later date, add the ability for users to post reviews of dive tour operators. Users or dive tour operators will also have the ability to submit a new dive tour operator to the list by using the online submission form on the page.
  • Dive Resorts: This section is like the Dive Tours section expect it is dedicated to Dive Resorts.
  • Live Aboard Tours: This section is like the Dive Tours and Dive Resorts sections expect it is dedicated to Dive Resorts.
  • Featured Destinations: This section will spotlight three to five destinations and provide specific information on dive sites, tour operators, dive resorts and other accommodations in that location.
  • Wreck Database: This section will house a database with interactive map of known wrecks within recreational dive limits and provide the location (longitude/latitude, type of wreck (ship, boat o plane), depth of the wreck. Users can also submit new wrecks to us to add to the database by using the submission form on the page.
  • Photo Gallery: Photo gallery with the ability for users to upload photos to us to be included in the gallery.
  • Video Gallery: Video gallery with the ability for users to upload videos to us to be included in the gallery.
  • Members Only Area (free): We are in the process of negotiating exclusive dive travel deals for our members and hope to expand these and get better deals as memberships grows.
If anyone is interested in contributing any of your knowledge, please let me PM me and I will be happy to discuss it with you.

We are also looking for contributions for our photo and video gallery. If you have high quality photos (1024x768 or larger) or videos (25MB or less) that you have taken (or control the copyright) to and want to share them, please PM me and I can send you a link to our test site that already has the functionality for you to upload them directly to us. All submissions will be given credit in the gallery when their photo or video is displayed.

Thank you in advance,

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom