Need buddy/buddies for this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacificgal

Rest in Peace...
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can dive Saturday and/or Sunday this weekend, I need to line up some dive buddies.
Who wants to celebrate Independence weekend by getting wet?

Kristina, I might be game with another friend to dive on Saturday... Are you planning on Break Water?

MG

I haven't thought about possible site, I just want to get my fins wet since there's no hockey this weekend. I usually don't start trying to find a buddy till Wednesday, so I understand if people are still unsure of their plans. I'm game for anything, conditions dependent. I get to finish my Essentials on Monday, I'll just be playing with trim with these new bigger tanks.

Good luck with the rest of your essentials class Kristina and enjoy the diving!

Thanks Kathy, wish I was in Mexico! It's all good though, I'm on the Peace in about 12 days, my vacation starts a week from tomorrow.

Kristina,

Looks like Aquatic Discovery will be closed on Sunday - (Fourth of July), so I can dive both days... If conditions are good I will stay for both days and dive...

I would like to dive the BW and stay shallow in about 25 feet and do drills with my doubles. I need practice on my valve drills, my isolator and left valve for shut downs...

I will not be shutting them off just seeing if I can reach them in the water column. I can assist you in any practice you'd like as well...

I got back from Channel Islands Kristina, and I'm super eager to get back into the water in Monterey...

Let's make this happen... :)

MG

Sounds good Mike. I won't be staying overnight though, so we will work something out. I've been diving in Monterey, Mike, and super eager to get to the Channel Islands :) 12 more days, my first liveaboard!

Kristina,

I will look at the swell report and see which of the two days would be ideal for us to do drills at the BW... Looking at it now, Sat is better than Sun, even though both days are totally diveable... Sat has 1 to 2 ft swells as does Sunday, but Sat has a larger spread for those conditions...

I will check later on the week to see the deviation....

You are going to love Channel Island's just spectacular easy diving and all the food you can eat; and may I say that the food is more incredible than the diving... :)

I gained weight on this trip and I loved it...

I usually don't eat a whole lot when I dive, this trip may be an exception because you got to eat sometime, right? The days leading up to the trip will be a bit stressful (Jr. Olympics with a bunch of 14-15 y/o boys), but the diving after should be worth it. Glad I have my Nitrox certification, I plan on diving, diving, diving.

Kristina, I'll keep an eye out for The Peace that weekend. I'll be on Vision and so if you see someone waving from a Truth boat it's probably going to be me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom