NEED AN UNDERWATER videographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, ScubaTexan. As I said earlier, this could simply be a result of her traveling at this time. If not, I think it merits some reprimand if it is just a phishing expedition since several of us responded professionally to the request, and expect a professional response.

Isn't this all being taken a little too seriously? :)

If I wanted to find ways to increase hits to a website, I'm sure I could come up with more imaginative things to do than posting on (to the outside world) an obscure subforum on an internet message board. It's not like they even posted a web link - it was people on this forum that must have looked at their profile to get the web address.

So what if they/he/she have not responded? People submit samples etc all the time and get no response from the receiver. I'm not saying that it is good manners, just that it's a fact of life. I can't help feeling people are taking this a little too much to heart.

Cheers, Simon

Simonspear- The difference here is that she actively solicited input. It was not sent blindly. I would not do business with someone who requested information and then was not professional enough to respond one way or the other once it was given. However, as I've said... it is possible she is traveling, or even sick or has some other very valid reason for not responding.

Or perhaps they found their videographer, or perhaps they don't need one now or perhaps they never needed one and it was a conspiracy theory to waste the valuable time of a few people to send an email to them.....

It's your choice whether to do business with someone or not, just as it's their business whether they act professionally or not.

Just seems we're making a mountain out of a mole hill here. Just my opinion.

Cheers, Simon

I'm with Simon. This is a scuba mesage board, not a professional job placement service.

Just my 2 cents.

Some of us got responses ("do you have a demo? I'd like it for my file") and some of you didn't. Weird. Still no information on the actual gig, so I decided not to waste a DVD.

As long as we're dropping little copper Lincolns into the bucket...

I think we can all agree that we're not actively looking for work on this board (the thought is comical in and of itself), but I think we could also agree that not responding to emails from a direct call for submissions is kinda unprofessional.

Agreed, PeaceDog. The solicitation was from her, not from us. She is looking for someone to do a job.

I'm going to move it to the Help Wanted forum, with a redirect so she can find it, if she comes back looking for it. That should appease everyone, I hope...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom