Need an Aqualung Legend Bubble Deflector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
The Bubble Deflector is broken on my Aqualung Legend LX 2nd Stage and have no idea where to start to locate a replacement part. Information I have is below with pictures attached.

Drawing #129080
BP Legend LX
27/08/03

Bubble Deflector
Find #28
No Piece 129186
Deflecteur Marque
Marked Exhaust Tee

Option #1 is to locate a new or used replacement part.
Option #2 is to maybe repair this using epoxy or JB Weld

I really don't want to replace this 2nd Stage as it's very expensive. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dennis

Attachments

• Legend LX Drawing Small.jpg
    Legend LX Drawing Small.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Legend LX 2nd Stage Front Small.jpg
    Legend LX 2nd Stage Front Small.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Legend LX 2nd Stage Rear Small.jpg
    Legend LX 2nd Stage Rear Small.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 12
If it is plastic I wouldn't use epoxy or JB weld, depending on the plastic I would use a plastic specific CA glue like Loctite 422 with a surface activator like Loctite® Primer 7701. I have also had insanely good performance with E6000 on plastic repairs if you can't find a supplier for the plastic specific CA.

If it is metal JB weld marine should hold it fine.

The current part number and correct nomenclature for what you are looking for is:
RG911429 - Exhaust Cover (for Aqualung Legend/Legend LX Series 2002-2011)

The part is availavble in limited quantity for 7.26 Euros at the following website:

Note: Choose part # 14

-Z

Thanks Zef, looks like not available at that link anymore. Updated part number helps.

I have reached out to Aqualung for help on this as well.

Thanks Zef, looks like not available at that link anymore. Updated part number helps.

I have reached out to Aqualung for help on this as well.

Good luck. Hopefully one of the 7 people left in Aqua Lung America will get back to you.

Joking aside, I doubt they'll sell it to a non-repair tech/non-service center individual. If you're not an AL repair tech, your best bet is to take it to an authorized service center or send it to Airtech Scuba Services. In my experience they have very strong AL connections due to their volume. Home - Airtech Scuba Services

Great reg by the way. I own 2 of them plus a newer AL Legend Elite.

Good luck!

Thanks Diving Papaw, I sent an email to Airtech Scuba Services yesterday as well.

I dropped this into the local dive shop for an annual (been 10 years) and they broke the part removing it, ok this is a 20 year old regulator so I get it. What I don't get is yes they completed the annual but just handed me the broken part with no additional information on if the part was available or if they even tried to order it. Not impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom