Need advice on Home-made Mask defogger.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have some Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo and remember that it makes for pretty good mask defogger.. I think. Should I dilute it or what? And is the above even true.

50/50 in a little spray bottle. A couple squirts on each side should work fine. Got this advice from someone else on this site on another thread.

I've used J&J as well as Dawn and other soaps. J&J works as well as any of them and is easier on the eyes than most. No diluting necessary.

Warren

Problem is I always forget my spray bottle somewhere where I'm not.

My spitter is always right there with me.

I use a Kids "no tears" shampoo and it works great, the orange smell isn't bad either. I use it full strength. I have it in a old Visine eye drop bottle. I put a drop on my finger, spread it around the mask, let it dry as I finish gearing up and rinse it just before I get in. It works better than any of the others I have tried.

I got a small spray bottle from Walmart and mixed maybe 1:4 (maybe 1:3) J&J baby shampoo and water -- something like that. It doesn't take much.

Mike

My spray bottle of J&J/water is used for defog, zipper lubrication, drysuit seal lube to make getting my hands through easy, hose lube when pulling the SPG out of its boot for cleaning... it's slippery, defogs, won't hurt the eyes and won't hurt any dive gear.
An essential.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom