Need advice on cruise to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadubes,

Thanks for that information. I am going to Cozumel on RCCL in August, and I was frankly very nervous booking through the boat. If Sand Dollar did you well, then I feel much more confident about this choice.

By the way, my wife and I do not own all of our gear. What kind of gear was supplied by the DO? My wife has only the real basics, and I've got my own BC, but that's about it. Do they have rental computers?

Finally, what was the DM like? Did he go over your dive plan carefully? Or was this a guided "trust me" dive? I've been in Aruba where it was follow the leader, and as I learn more, I'm finding myself less comfortable with that.

If you don't mind, I'd like to PM you for a discussion on the DO, as well. :)

Thanks for the report.

Wijbrandus:
Scubadubes,

Thanks for that information. I am going to Cozumel on RCCL in August, and I was frankly very nervous booking through the boat. If Sand Dollar did you well, then I feel much more confident about this choice.

By the way, my wife and I do not own all of our gear. What kind of gear was supplied by the DO? My wife has only the real basics, and I've got my own BC, but that's about it. Do they have rental computers?

Finally, what was the DM like? Did he go over your dive plan carefully? Or was this a guided "trust me" dive? I've been in Aruba where it was follow the leader, and as I learn more, I'm finding myself less comfortable with that.

If you don't mind, I'd like to PM you for a discussion on the DO, as well. :)

Thanks for the report.

You are most welcome. About the gear, I am not sure what types of equipment they offer in terms of computers, etc. We brought all of our own gear except tanks and weights. I know they rent basic equipment but I can't give you any details on that specifically.

The DM was good IMHO. He detailed the dive site, the plan, the signals he would be using, the local wildlife that we might see and the "rules". He seemed to be very conscientious and safety-oriented. I am a relatively new diver and probably a little hyper-aware of safety and I was very comfortable with him.

Feel free to PM me if you have some more questions. If not, have a great time! You will love it!!

Scubadubes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom