Need advice Kauai December Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We rent a condo. I'm done with resorts.

I would check out the shore dive @ the south end near the dive shop in Poipu.
Give the Seasports a call and talk to a Dive Master & see what it would cost for him to take you out for a couple of dives.
My son is in the Coast Guard there and he says conditions are not that great, weathers alittle cool & windy.

Tough time to find a rental and so quick.
If you want a cheaper rate and a nice place, I'd say Islander on the Beach.

In searching hotels on Hotels.com & Orbitz both of the Resort Quest's hotels - Islander on the Beach and their Kauai Beach Hotel at Makaiwa were priced about the same and much lower than most of the hotels listed. Is the Islander the better choice? Also, only ~20 min drive to Poipu? That's not too bad.

steve

I would check out the shore dive @ the south end near the dive shop in Poipu.
Give the Seasports a call and talk to a Dive Master & see what it would cost for him to take you out for a couple of dives.
My son is in the Coast Guard there and he says conditions are not that great, weathers alittle cool & windy.

I just checked weather in Kauai which noted temp ~ 79 F. Its currently 37 F in Chicago, so I can handle "a little cool & windy".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom