Need a quick fin recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djminus1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I am a certified diver, but a noob. I am slowly assembling a full scuba setup before my trip to Cabo in June, then my trip to Hawaii in February. I already have some boots, and I need to select a pair of fins. Any recommendations for a budget-friendly pair? I have been doing a lot of research but I can't tell what is good and what is not?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I am a certified diver, but a noob. I am slowly assembling a full scuba setup before my trip to Cabo in June, then my trip to Hawaii in February. I already have some boots, and I need to select a pair of fins. Any recommendations for a budget-friendly pair? I have been doing a lot of research but I can't tell what is good and what is not?

Thanks!

Try some out. Figure out what you like. Then buy some off ebay. I think some Force Fin Tan Deltas went for under 100 on ebay the other day. Normal retail for those is the GDP of a small nation squared.

scuba diving magazine recently did a review of 18 new fins. one of which is the Oceanic Viper. it got a really nice review and is about $100. it is also lightweight for travel. i went to my LDS and tried them out.....so did hubby. we both liked them quite a bit and bought them. good for all types of fin techniques, not too stiff and they were comfortable as well. i wanted something not too heavy because of luggage restrictions on smaller planes. AND, lastly, they look cool:) but a very reasonable price for a good fin.

Hi Kevin-

I am a NOOB too. I used an old pair of DACOR Paddle fins my brother gave me for the pool work.

By the time I did the OW work in Jamaica I had Mares Avanti Superchannel Open Heel Fins. The difference was amazing!

Great advice if you can try out different fins. One other guys in my class bought the split fin Oceanic V16s, but they are more expensive. The Mares are priced about 90 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom