Need a quick answer on Oxycheq sock and Dorcy 220

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. The one for the Raider I and II will fit the dorcy 220/ Penetrator 220. i know because i have both and use both together :wink: ...it actually works real well. i find that after it gets wet it is just a little loose but not enough to allow the light to slide out. I would reccomend using a boltsnap on the base of the light and securing it to the shock cord that comes with the light just incase u sling ur arm down or get it caught on something. Its a good setup though im probably going to use mine in a cavern course this summer.

Another trick for using Light Socks is to make a tight loop or two of 1/8" bungee and put it around the body of the light where it goes under the fabric of the Light Sock. It just makes the light move around less.

If the light that you use is too long you can get some yaw action going on in part due to the lack of any rigid structure to the Sock. There are ways to improve this as well. I fitted a piece of molded PVC flatted out more or less and cut to shape to go on top of my hand (so underneath the part of the fabric that holds the light) and this provides more stability.

Another yes it works, as I have both, the 220 and the light sock. Never actually used both together though as we also have 21 watt HID's.

Before I got my can light, I used a Dorcy 190 (same diameter as the 220) with a Raider III light sock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom