Need a PERFECT honeymoon suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The perfect suggestion will come from your fiance. When she says where she wants to go, go there.

Maldives
Reasonably good to get there. Fantastic beaches. Good to great diving. Well organised from a tourist point of view.
Not cheap but there are reasonable resorts. Have a look at
http://www.maldivesresorts.com/Welcome/default.asp
Also check other web sites. Contact the resorts directly and ask them what their bet price is. Barter and Barter hard there is a lot of profit for the middle man.

Give us some clues on budget, diving requirements, how long (14 days+), travel dates, etc.

Fiji was a fabulous honeymoon destination. We didn't have any of the issues Almitywife apparently had, though. Fiji can be done on a spectrum of budgets. The diving is fantastic and non-diving activities are great too.

Also, it isn't a bad trip from the US. About 10 hours nonstop from LAX on Air Pacific.

Here are some answers to some questions...

Do you want south pacific or asia?? I prefer South Pacific, but I've heard the seychelles are good and the maldives? Anyone have any experience there?
Time of year? July 2008
Duration? 2 weeks
Budget? moderate... 5k US
Type of diving? uh... wet?
Big or little creatures? yes
Vis important? yes.. have camera

I don't want to do ALL diving. I think we would prefer about 6 days with 3 boat dives per day and perhaps a couple of night dives thrown in.

Does anyone have experience at Sipadan Water Village, Kapalai Dive Resort or at Kakaban Island?

littlce:
Does anyone have experience at Sipadan Water Village, Kapalai Dive Resort.....?
yep, great for diving holiday but you better love diving to consider this as a honeymoon resort, IMHO. I don't think they are keen on you staying there if you are not diving (at least I don't think it really saves you much, if anything).

littlce:

Do you want south pacific or asia?? I prefer South Pacific, but I've heard the seychelles are good and the maldives? Anyone have any experience there?
Time of year? July 2008
Duration? 2 weeks

I don't want to do ALL diving. I think we would prefer about 6 days with 3 boat dives per day and perhaps a couple of night dives thrown in.

Does anyone have experience at Sipadan Water Village, Kapalai Dive Resort or at Kakaban Island?

Oh yes, and I will be flying out of Indonesia to go on my honeymoon, so that puts me on the doorstep of asia, indian ocean, and the south pacific.

Originally Posted by littlce

Time of year? July 2008
Duration? 2 weeks

Oh yes, and I will be flying out of Indonesia to go on my honeymoon, so that puts me on the doorstep of asia, indian ocean, and the south pacific.

Seychelles/Maldives - My wife and I are headed to the Maldives next month. Based on what I found in pricing you could make a trip within your budget but it might not meet your honeymoon expectations. July is monsoon season, I believe it goes as far as the Philipines to the north and covers the Indian sub-continent to the West. Not sure how far South and Esat it extends in Indonesia. Check with the Indonesian resorts about weather in July. If your already going to be in Indonesia Garuda has chaep flights all over the country. (hint: give the Indonesian budget carriers a miss or it might be a short honeymoon) Bali, Lombok, Gilli, Komodo area should be clear of the monsoons with nice things to do outside of diving.

How about 3 days on the peninsula to recover from the trip out, 7 days diving on Sipadan, followed by 4 days in Sabah to see the sites.

Maybe spend time in Penang on the way in. http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/section.cfm?id=15
It can be very inexpensive or as posh as your budget can afford. Lankawi is another option.
Or you could stay in KL, but I would save that for shopping on the last couple of days.

Then over to Sipadan for a weeks diving. There are pleanty of web sites that will show you what they have to offer. http://www.divetheworldmalaysia.com/ has some good reports and he is based in Sabah.

After that you could visit the Orang-utan sanctury
http://www.journeymalaysia.com/rainforestsepiloknatureresort.htm
or some of the other attractions that Sabah has to offer
http://www.sabahtourism.com/

Sounds like a great holiday to me.

Back
Top Bottom