Need a Maui shore dive buddy, now though April 4th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zephrant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm staying near the Kapalua west Maui airport, and would like to find a shore dive buddy or buddies for some morning dives nearby, and a night dive or two.

I have all my gear with me except tanks and weights, and can get those next door at a dive shop.

I'm just too cheap to pay for a guided shore dive or boat dive. :)

Anyone around that would like to go out a time or two? I was thinking of Black Rock, but am open to anyplace that I can drive to.

I'm a cautious diver, and work hard to be an alert buddy.

Thanks-

I have done a lot of shore dives with people there I meet in the parking lot. Just drive down to a spot you want to dive and ask around, I never had a bad experience. I you would like to try something new and very fun. Get ahold of scubahawk27 on these forums and go on a scooter dive, they are a "BLAST". Here is there website www.mauiscooterdivers.com . I go on them every time when we go to Maui and cant wait to go again. Great people and the best Bang for your Buck.

Great idea. I was thinking of trying that but wanted to get wet a time or two first to make sure my gear and weight was sorted.

I was unable to find a shore diving buddy, but got some great snorkeling done. Even got to swim with a turtle for a bit.

It really makes me appreciate the time that a couple on Grand Cayman spent with me a few years ago, when they took me out for several shore dives. Saved me a lot of money, and it was a lot of fun meeting them.

Sorry we couldn't offer to hook up with you this trip. We were there the same time as you and went shore diving nearly every morning, but most days we didn't make up our minds about if we were diving, where and when until we got up, and with you staying in Kahana and us in Kihei, the driving made it prohibitive to try to contact you. (We had one morning we planned to dive but had to cancel to replace the garbage disposal in our kitchen.)

If you get back to Maui, post again and hopefully someone will be available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom