need a little Texas support......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandyke

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!!

My first big dive trip is coming up in less than 3 weeks to Cozumel and I am in need of some strong words of support. :) My hands actually get all sweaty when I start thinking about the dives. I am so excited about doing a night dive - but my emotions are having trouble choosing between FEAR and EXCITEMENT of just diving in the ocean period.

Thank you.

Sandy

Hi Sandy.Your in for a real treat.First and foremost .....take your time.Make sure you have a good light with fresh batteries.Keep sight of whoever your with and have fun.With the light off(when conditions are favorable) you will
see millions of bright tiny lights all around everytime you exhale.This is the plant life that activates with the co2 that you release...very cool.Also when you get down to the reef or whatever your going to,the light will bring out all the spectacular colors.Even more cool.Have a good time and let us know how it goesRemember,if you lose perspective of direction,bubbles always travel to the surface...go figure. :)

Sandy, my hands still get sweaty before diving.....with excitement! Night dives are my favorite. There's a whole different cast of characters down there at night. Parrotfish asleep in their dusty cocoons, octopus skimming along reaching into the cracks and crevices looking for their supper. All the corals will have their polyps open, feeding. The basket stars will be fully extended, looking like a lacy snow flake. The bio-luminescence is amazing. In the dark you can see green streamers coming off the divers fins in front of you. Wave your hand around and it fires into tiny bursts like stars. Your eye will become adjusted to the dark and you'll me amazed at what you can see in the dark! And if you're lucky enough to have a full moon....it's like daytime!

You're gonna be fine. There's nothing there to be afraid of. Take your time, take a big breath and relax. And welcome to the wonders of the night!

Thanks for the support guys. I am quite excited. Really looking forward to the night dives - almost more than the day dives. I hope I am not too nervous to take it all in.

2 weeks and I am off - the plane leaves at 6 a.m. - they plan to hit the water by 11 a.m. So......ready or not - it'll be show time.

Thank you again.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Looks like we'll be crossing paths! I am heading to Cozumel the following week, I go every year.

Everyone has explained it well. Night diving is probably my favorite thing in Coz. I usually dive EVERY night while down there.

Now I'm starting to get excited again! How long are you staying and where? If you need to know some places to eat, good dive sites or anything just ask.

Hi ScubaDuke-

I am leaving on a Friday and coming back Monday afternoon. I am scheduled for 3 night dives and am very excited about them.

I am staying at the Costa Club. Ever stayed there? There is one place to eat that I have heard about called La Mission. Supposed to have some nice gardens around the house and also monkeys and lions. Are my friends yanking my chain on this? :) You have any suggestions?

When do you fly in?

I will be pretty worthless for the next two weeks - very excited - can't seem to think about anything else!!

Sandy

Sandy,

I hear good things about Costa Club but have no personal expereince with them.

La Mission is excellent although I don't know about any lions, tigers and bears, OH MY! (not to spoil anybodys' fun.) There are a number of great resturaunts. Some of my favorites are: Santiago's, Prima Pasta, Ernesto's, and several I can't remember the names of off the top of my head, a Pizza place, etc. Are you going with a group that has been there before? If so they should know alot of places.

As for me, I will arrive Sunday the 26th and leave June 2nd, a week after you. A few days just aren't enough, I need a whole week down there!

I can't wait to hear how you like the night dives so don't forget to give us a report on your trip. Dive safe.

Back
Top Bottom