NEED A LIGHT FOR NIGHT DIVE AOW- UK SL4 L1 ELED??? Advise please!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It all depends on what you want to use the lights for. If it is a general night dive light in good visibility, then the spot beam SL4 L1 would be not be good for that purpose. You will have a narrow beam illuminating a very small area. Your will be hunting your beam back and forth. It is good for poor visibility where you want the narrow beam to only illuminate the area you want and with the strength to cut through the muck.

A Princeton Shockwave or the Miniwave (390 lumens) with its wider beam would be better for general night dives.

I know it's after your course, but I recommend you take a look at Watershot lights' ongoing 2 for 1 sale. This is the most compact and unobtrusive, easy to use, light set-up I have ever had. You will never want to go back to a handheld light after using one of these. Check the threads on this forum, as they have posted on how to link to their sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom