Need a dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to upgrade my dive light from a C4 to something that works, but I don't want to spend more money then I need too, less then $250 (if this is even possible)

So what would you recommend as a good all around dive light for the clear BC waters that we have.

The UK light cannon 100 is not an option, have had some bad luck in the past with these

Thanks
Wetsuit 4 life

I just bought a C8 led plus, $199. It is a great light and many of the people I dive with have made comments about how bright it is.

I second the c8 led plus for your budget, but I have to say the 1100 I spent on my 35w salvo is the best money I have ever spent and I will never regret it.

Ron

I just got a used C8Led from John (Mustang 51) and I like it. Not as bright as a can light but in the same ballpark as a light cannon (without the bulb issues). Probably the best option unless you can afford a can.

c8 eled plus is a good bet in that budget. Be sure it is the plus, it's a big step up from the regular eled (I have an eled and have seen it next to the plus). The light cannon is another big step up on the eled plus, but obviously you don't like it. The UK aquasun is another noticeable step up on the light cannon, but at ~$500 doesn't fit your budget. I was using an aquasun when we dove together on Saturday.

Probably the cheapest option for a reasonably bright light is the UK D8 with a 30w bulb, it's bulky but spits out quite a bit of light. Skookumchuck dove with that or something very similar on Saturday. It's ~$55 from leisurepro. It will eat batteries though so you will probably want the recharable pack which is ~$175. Alternately you could buy some D cell recharables and a good charger.

In my opinion the most important things for comfortable local diving are a good dry suit, and a good light, the rest can be just passable. If you can splurge on anything, splurge on those two items.

Oh yeah, and get a good mask wherever you dive. :)

Dave there's a light like mine with rechargable battery on craigslist right now for $150.

PM eliminator...he has a UK LED plus. I think he would swing a pretty good deal on it.

Good luck,
U/O

Hi-I have a brand new diverite led 500 flashlight. I would like $250usd including shipping. Brand new never been used.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 151
Another vote for the C8 Led! Love mine......

Back
Top Bottom