need a dive Instructor to help with somthing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all,

here is the deal. I'm heading to florida in march with my girlfriend for a week. i really want to dive while i'm there however my girlfriend is not a diver yet. She taking the class at UT (NAUI based) and will have everything done but the open water dives. They don't do the dives untill April 10th or so.
I don't think we can get any of the DM to take her out early, they just don't have time.
I can get a referral letter stating that she have successfully completed the class and pool requirements of the course.

Would anyone be willing to take her out on her OW dives and sign off on her.
this will be the 1st week of march....we leave for florida march 12 so maybe March 6 and 7th.

if you could please let me know. Also let me know any fees you might charge.

I don't know any NAUI instructors right off hand, just PADI and SSI. I suggest you call some of the dive shops in Houston to find a NAUI one and maybe they can help

What part of Florida? PM me, I can probably provide you a contact in most areas.

WW

Dee:
I don't know any NAUI instructors right off hand, just PADI and SSI. I suggest you call some of the dive shops in Houston to find a NAUI one and maybe they can help

thanks Dee
I figured if there is a Naui instructor in Houston Austin or Dallas they can make a few extra bucks and would be cheaper then the dive shops in Austin.

With a little research....
My friend, Ray Jackson, is a SSI instructor and he said he could do her check outs with a universal referral. Call him at Houston Scuba Academy, 713/721-7788. I can personally vouch for Ray, he's a great instructor.

Discover Scuba is a Naui shop. They will be glad to set up her check outs. 713/523-9055. I love this shop but have no personal knowledge of their instructors.

firedogut:
thanks Dee
I figured if there is a Naui instructor in Houston Austin or Dallas they can make a few extra bucks and would be cheaper then the dive shops in Austin.

Oak Hill Scuba - Ask for Ivan. He's NAUI and PADI. They can usually take you out to Aquarena or the Lake. I did AOW with Ivan last year and I've helped him out with Rescue classes and some LCRA stuff. Great instructor.

892-4900.

PurduEE:
Oak Hill Scuba - Ask for Ivan. He's NAUI and PADI. They can usually take you out to Aquarena or the Lake. I did AOW with Ivan last year and I've helped him out with Rescue classes and some LCRA stuff. Great instructor.

892-4900.
They/we take referrals also - esp from the UT folks....but I'll only be going into Aquarena until Travis gets up to a decent temperature. JT has a class going out Saturday/Sunday. I'm not sure after that - but I'm sure there would be one group in February.

-=>Larry<=-:
They/we take referrals also - esp from the UT folks....but I'll only be going into Aquarena until Travis gets up to a decent temperature. JT has a class going out Saturday/Sunday. I'm not sure after that - but I'm sure there would be one group in February.

The dives need to be march 6 and 7th

what the price?

firedogut....I think everyone would appreciate you contacting Larry and others via PM to complete your business. We wouldn't want any confusion about commercial ventures. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom