necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
AND I've found all kinds of stuff in DS undies pockets... Not sure how they get there - either dressing or undressing I just brainlessly jame stuff in the pockets. Coins, keys, notes, reciepts, trash, red valve cover from DUI inflator valve. sand (that's really weird... as the DS is zipped when I'm in the water.
My buddy once found his cell phone in undies pocket. We surfaced and were still in the water when he received SMS. When he unziped DS phone was quite Ok. :14:

I've almost left my keys in mine several times. Since I've only been diving dry for about four months, I am certain that they will end up in there during a dive at some point.

Chris

Ok, I am curious now. Is/are there advantage(s) of using bungee instead of surgical hose or the other way round?

Thanks!

Mo2vation:
Hee hee... I use the same rig as Derek.

AND I've found all kinds of stuff in DS undies pockets... Not sure how they get there - either dressing or undressing I just brainlessly jame stuff in the pockets. Coins, keys, notes, reciepts, trash, red valve cover from DUI inflator valve. sand (that's really weird... as the DS is zipped when I'm in the water.

---
Ken

Well this one isn't hard to imagine ... on surf entry we humans learn the ultimate law of sand ... "Sand will go in places you didn't know you had places".

I am also using the doubled fishermans knots. I used to have some extra as a spare kit.

In addition, what is a typical length for cave diving. It looks like the cave divers are using a relatively short length bungee. Is there any standard?

wunat:
Ok, I am curious now. Is/are there advantage(s) of using bungee instead of surgical hose or the other way round?

Thanks!
Surgical tube is easier to break.

So no one went with the new "magnetic" reg method? I find it more convenient than bungie or surgical tubing.

Jon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom