Neck seal keeps roilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks for that info, no I don't do that but my seal doesn't burp anyways even almost fully inflated

This, coupled with the fact that it rolls leads me to believe your seal is too tight. Trim a ring off and try again.

Since a seal being too tight was mentioned, what is tight enough? I've been diving my first drysuit and had to trim one ring because it was just too tight and uncomfortable. My trim job feels ok most of the time, but it also leaves (occasionally) a garrote mark around my neck. Too tight even if it does not hurt?

It shouldn't feel uncomfortable. Snug, Like a tight hug.

Mine is marginally tight and restrictive on land, I that I can feel it's there but underwater feels fine. I made the mistake of cutting my first latex seal as was freaking out it would choke me, mistake, within a few dives it stretched somewhat and would leak relatively easily. As long as you don't turn red or feel your veins throbbing you're probably good to go.

Have you tried pulling it down and making the end of the seal sit lower on your neck; closer to the widest part of your neck?

This. If mine rolls, it just needs to be repositioned a bit higher or lower.

Yea seems the more I pull it down the more it rolls on itself

Always stretch a new seal for a few days at least before you trim it. I usually stretch them over something about an inch bigger than the neck they need to fit for about a week and then trim to fit. It should be snug but not tight. If you trim a new seal to fit and then wear it. Within 20 dives it will leak.

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2015 at 07:50 PM ----------

New seals stretching before fitting.
And yes, I know my bench is a mess.

e44eab27bc23da901ea0b919675b0587.jpg

Always stretch a new seal for a few days at least before you trim it. I usually stretch them over something about an inch bigger than the neck they need to fit for about a week and then trim to fit. It should be snug but not tight. If you trim a new seal to fit and then wear it. Within 20 dives it will leak.---------- Post added November 3rd, 2015 at 07:50 PM ----------New seals stretching before fitting. And yes, I know my bench is a mess.
e44eab27bc23da901ea0b919675b0587.jpg
Absolutely, lesson learnt the hard way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom