Near the Texas border

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spent Friday 5/20 and Sunday 5/22 doing a bit of Recon. on lakes not 'too too far' from where I live.
I went to Lake Pat Mayse,TX. on Friday and Lake Broken Bow, OK. on Sunday.
I found some spots that I could get 6ft of Vis. at Pat Mayse ( near Paris ) and that is as good as I've seen before at that place. Exceptional fish though.... The visibility is junk but hey, there we're some good lookin' fish sandwiches lurking there waiting to be speared! :jaws:
I was by myself just going from shore to shore on the Sea-Doo. With cold brews at the boat ramp waiting and just a few folks out on the lake it was a nice day. You still need a light wetsuit if you go deeper then 2 feet.

Saturday... I worked on the roof of my old home place ... 20 gallons of white CoolSeal elasomeric coating to keep it nice . Wow... I'm almost done. Just 10 gallons oughta finish it!!! ( I gotta buy a smaller house someday)

Sunday was a day for heading to Broken Bow. I scouted about 10 different islands and a few cliff areas that I had not done a Recon. on before. We beached near Stevens Gap. I tow a dive flag when I snorkel or scuba there. ( it's the law) I weight the flag with a small trailer hitch ball ( 1-5/8") on some nylon line. I also use it to judge visibility. If I can see a old trailer ball at distance I can see most anything that far away too. Visibility at the surface looking straight down was 19 feet. Near the shore shore it looks like more because you can look from side to side and get a panorama. 'Lots of fish... Some of the local folks told me they found break out crystal clear conditions at 30ft in spots. It can be dark but really clear.
I spent the day snorkeling all day. :snorkel:
I was in the water at least 5 hours. I wore my 7mill. shorty and usually had it unzipped. I covered a lot of area that will be usefull for really cool dives this summer and next Winter too.
( got's to do your homework :crafty: )
Laura :gr1: was out looking around and found a clear spot that caused her to have vertigo. She said it got so clear that She felt like she was going to fall off a cliff or something. It even scared our intrepid Grand Daughter and thats GotDanged hard to do.
Now thats pretty clear :h2o: The rock formations around the lake are fantastic. $1.86 gas was a nice touch too. :eyebrow:

This coming week... 'Locals tell me about a mysterious event of " Very Clear Water" at Pine Creek Lake in S.E. OK. I've been out on the Sea-Doo at the lake but have not been diving there before. I like the lake and it has some cool rock features. The folks tell me I need to scope it out soon !

I took on a bit of a tan those 3 days to say the least. "really glad I didn't burn !!!"

'Always lookin' for cool dive buddies !!! Why don't you come along !

Back
Top Bottom