Near Montreal - just a few minutes West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silver02ca - We did dive Lock 21 last week. Did you join us? We`ll be setting up a few more shore dives in the coming months. We actually dive all year round and anyone is welcome to join us on our shore dives. We tend to add last minute dives on our facebook page. Our website gets updated less frequently with more formal events.

Upcoming diving events

We`d love to blow bubbles with you!
Diane & Gary

How cold is the water? I've lived here for 9 years but never thought about diving...

The St Lawrence River water temp will range from mid to high 30F in the winter and early spring to 73 - 75F in late summer. I dove Lock 21 on March 25th...water was 41F. This past Sunday I dove lock 23 in Morrisburg...water was 45F

Lock 21 past sunday was at 45, so I would guess the water temp is somewhere between 42 and 45F

If you mean the Kahnawake quarry, it is private property, and on Indian land. Only through Total Diving (a dive shop, on Sherbrooke corner Cavendish) can you dive there. I don't know if Total Diving will be there next year or not, pure speculation and hearsay at this point.That is why I did not post about it. Also, you need a serious wetsuit to dive there, with those 3 thermoclines.One place I'd like to try is Beaver Lake on top of Mont-Royal. It's so shallow, that with 3000 psi and a full hour under, my dive computer would tell me that I'm still good for 99 minutes. Since it's a caldera from an ancient volcano, I'm curious.Another good place, though they are drift dives, is in the St-Lawrence, between Brockville and the Ontario/Quebec border, many wrecks.
Beaver lake is not a caldera, I believe it's an artificial lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom