Near Miss OOA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank everyone for their responses, I have learned a few things, that I would never of if I didn't post, Thank you. More or less my point of the whole thing was number one hey I want to know the things I could have done differently I didnt have time when I was typing it up to really go into detail about the whole thing. The only thing that I didnt like about the whole dive is when we realized, hey we should probably start making our way back to the boat, the guide descided it was time to continue looking around. I don't know where I am, and it is nighttime, as Its not somewhere that I dive every day. Instead of abourting the dive, what I was wondering more or less was how to show the guide that it is time to move it along, and its probably time to get back to the boat, and what was a good way of doing this, because as he being a dive instructor, you would think he would know that this would be the time, instead of dragging out my air supply, and dont worry when this happened I had almost all of those 15 dives in the preceding two months. I am not a vacation diver by anymeans, and just had the oppertunity to get certified before I went. The down time has been because of college, so If the one person who said hey, he's just a vacation diver and putting others at risk, hey put yourself in my shoes and try to go to college full time and work full time, and I would be happy to see how many times they can dive in two years.

Last edited:
and thanks for the welcomes, I knew for a first post I was going to get flamed for this, but hey its all good. It's was not a big deal, I was just trying to see inputs that would help other divers deal with this situation and stand up when I sat down. I admire all of you, I just wish I had the time to dive more and continue with my studies of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom