NE1 recommend a good Manado/N. Sulawesi Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my dive travel agent is having problems getting me booked on a flight to Bali to match the Komodo liveaboard I was planning to do at the end of this month. Stuck on the airline waitlist... So now I'm scrambling for alternatives. I wouldn't mind going back to Manado but this time I'd like to do a liveaboard to try some of those islands northeast of Bunaken. Anyone recommend a good liveaboard that operates around there? If not then maybe I'll try Layang Layang or sipidan (2nd time)...

thanks,

pakman:
my dive travel agent is having problems getting me booked on a flight to Bali to match the Komodo liveaboard I was planning to do at the end of this month. Stuck on the airline waitlist... So now I'm scrambling for alternatives. I wouldn't mind going back to Manado but this time I'd like to do a liveaboard to try some of those islands northeast of Bunaken. Anyone recommend a good liveaboard that operates around there? If not then maybe I'll try Layang Layang or sipidan (2nd time)...

thanks,

Depending on your budget, the Ocean Rover is there now. They are normally based in Thailand but do north Sulawesi/Lembeh/Sangihe islands in the off season. We did the Thailand trip last December. Fantastic boat, but not cheap.

I think Murex runs two liveaboards up there. Also dove with a couple that did a liveaboard to the Sangihes through Mimpi? They were diving with Thalassa Divers at the Santika Hotel and I think they arranged it through Thalassa, but Thalassa does not run the boat. You can contact Simone at Thalassa and ask. She's usually very helpful.

pakman:
thanks Jen and ssra for quick responses

well it looks like my travel agent came through with the ticket to Bali so I will be doing the original Komodo liveaboard trip as planned. But again thanks for the info on Sulawesi liveaboards. I will definitely try to do this next season. Ah, soo many places to dive and so little time per year... :wink:

pakman:
well it looks like my travel agent came through with the ticket to Bali so I will be doing the original Komodo liveaboard trip as planned. But again thanks for the info on Sulawesi liveaboards. I will definitely try to do this next season. Ah, soo many places to dive and so little time per year... :wink:

You won't be disappointed. We just got back from N. Sulawesi and loved it for both the muck diving and the reefs in Bunaken, but if I had to choose, Komodo is still my favorite, although next time I think I'll take a drysuit. That water was just too cold for me - but then again, I dive in a 5mm and 3/5 hooded vest in 80 degree water so I'm clearly a bit strange.

Back
Top Bottom