Ne1 here use the Aries "Waterproof"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Close - I've been using the 5mm Lynx with the Libra 5mm hooded vest for about 40 dives now. Love it love it love it. The cuffs work great, the fit is awesome. And I am toasty warm every time, even after hours in the water. I looked at the Aries as well,but the flexibility of using just the Lynx for the occasional ocean dive won out.

I too use the 3mm Waterproof, along with their 5mm hooded shortie on colder water dives. In terms of "bang for the buck", I believe they may be the best suits out there.

They fit very well, are well constructed, and the 3mm seems as warm to me as some of the 5mm's I've had. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in owning another. The only thing you may want to consider is that they look a little "Power Ranger-ish". However I now consider that a positive as it is much easier to identify me from all the other plain black or navy suits out there.

Griff

I actually own and have used the 7mm suit. Very warm and I love the look.

Can anybody compare the aries to another wetsuit like a pinnacle, bare, henderson, or mares.

Can anybody compare the aries to another wetsuit like a pinnacle, bare, henderson, or mares.

I also have used the Henderson titanium hyper-stretch with Aqua-Suede (one of their better suits) and the Waterproof 3mm (which I now own) is much, much warmer. I will never travel with the Henderson ever again. It is now my pool suit. :wink:

I have a Bare 7mm hydrostretch and a Waterproof hooded vest. The Bare is a great suit, good bang for the buck, but runs a little small in the neck area. Very well constructed. The next suit I buy may very well be a Waterproof when I have to replace my 3mm. They are very well made. They do make you look like a bit like an extra from Logan's Run (power rangers are a bit overused)

:DWell, I broke the bank and went for it. I have a new waterproof 7mm wetsuit with the 5mm hood, 5mm gloves, and 5mm boots. The suit fit about perfect in the store. I got to the dive site and questioned, should I have tried a slightly smaller size. Then I went for the dive. I was disappointed at first when I could feel the water coming in the back very slowly and not anywhere else. I went under and thought, how warm am I going to be. I went down with temps at 75F and had to flush water through to stay cool. At 80ft and 50F, not a problem. I would describe it as a cool morning with a jacket type of comfort. There was a slight (truly slight) chill with alot of cold around the bare portion of my face. Once the suit filled with water, there was no flushing of water, and the dive was warm. The 5mm gloves felt warmer than my pinnacle karbonflex gloves. The 7mm suit felt warmer than my 7-5-3 Mares trilastic suit. The gloves and boots have seals that mate to the wetsuit very very good. I had fat jiggly looking legs after the dive due to the water that would not come out (arms did it to). The water warmed up to the point in the 65-75F water that it felt like I had just "wet" myself though that was not the case. I still question if I should have tried a slightly smaller wetsuit, but this one is easy to get on without bulges and air pockets (sits against skin in all areas like it was custom fit), there is not a tight spot anywhere, and I am warm. Make sure that you fold in the seals though so that you have a good seal on your skin. Another pro, the neck has a zipper that makes it much easier to flush water in warm water.

Overall, great wetsuit. If you check out there site, there is an american version that has the sizes in standard versus metric. This is important, because there are a different set of sizes like XL Short which is not offered in metric. Take care and I hope this helps out anyone looking at Waterproof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom