NDR: computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, a while back I had a glitch in my system. During a routine compact messages with Outlook Express, something went wrong and the folders ended up in the recycle bin. I stupidly thought I could simply hit restore and they'd go back to where they were. No such luck.

I've googled and tried a couple of things but no luck getting the folders/messages back into OE. I have them copied to a folder and each file says it's got data in it...but I can't access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've found that sobbing uncontrollably and screaming at the screen really doesn't help that much, but i tend to do it anyway in situations like this...hope it helps!! (=

I take it out on a pillow I keep right next to the computer. If you try to resend the to yourself would that work??? Right click on each email, scroll down list, hit send????

:( :( Do you have a system backup you could restore from? I've never used Express having MSOffice, but I imagine they're similar.

A tip I've been passing on to friends is that Maxtor has been bought by Seagate and some of the Maxtor external USB drives can be purchased very cheaply. I got a 160GB unit for $89 a few weeks ago. A number of places are having close-outs on these units.

CD or DVD burners are great, but give me a second hard drive!!!

I use a product called InSync by Dillobits to keep a backup directory synchronized with My Documents on the external.

Chuck

PS Sorry for your misfortune!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom