NDL tables for office diving?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok,
It's winter in Colorado and all the panzies have stowed their dive gear for the year (ok, not me, I dive dry). I'm itchin to breathe off a tank, so I was trying to figure out what the safe limits would be sitting here in my office. The boss wouldn't want to haul me to a deco chamber if I get the bends.... I'm at roughly 6000' already, so what table should I use? What if I do a multi level dive by going to the basement? How would I calculate my SAC or should I say OAC? Come to think of it, what if I have an OOA situation?
What am I missing here? I'm sure there is some other safety issue I'm forgetting.
Can you tell I'm board out of my mind sitting here in the office the day before Thanksgiving.....
I was supposed to spend Friday,Sat and Sunday in the water playing Vanna and it got nuked.... I'm bummin.
G
PS, what if I want to office dive on EANx? Man, this is sooooo confusing.

I have large piles of paperwork you can dive into here, and its at minimal altitude, maybe 100ft max. You sound about as bored as i have been all week, these half weeks always seem to make everyone move a bit slower and that final day before the holiday time is the worst!

I am looking forward to being OOO (Out Of Office) later this afternoon - no need for a pony to back me up to give me more office time :wink:

Simon,
I figured it would take an AL40 pony to just get me home. But how does that figure into the driving and diving thing now.
But then again, since you live in Orlando, I think it would be safe.

I would be in serious trouble if I lived down there. I would be sitting on the street corner with a sign that says "Will dive for food".
At least I bet there is someone that would go get wet with you...... The weather up here is a bit cold right now, clear, 32* and a bit of snow on the ground. But the water is a balmy 50s.
My dad is in the Virgin Islands diving right now, he keeps rubbing it in.....
Have a good day and great Thanksgiving.
Greg

Thankfully i am reaching my NDL for the day, another 52 mins and i will be able to surface for a 4 day long weekend diving SI from the dangerous overhead of the office :wink:

BTW, am i over-paperweighted when i cant see over my desk on a full belly full of coffee?

Back
Top Bottom