NDL and profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxE

Contributor
Reaction score
on my last dive, the second of the day it seems I was pushing the NDL of my cobra 3. When I downloaded the dives and looked at them on my PC it showed I had a few minutes more than what I was seeing while in the water. I know the Suunto's have a reputation of being conservative but am confused that the data showed after the dive was different than what I was seeing while on it. Any idea why this is? Is this normal, does the computer add some level of conservatism while on the dive? I'm not planning of assuming I have more time than the computer is showing in the future but trying to understand what happened.

So let me see if I've got the issue correct. You downloaded the dive and then followed along the dive with your courser and found that the lowest NDL number shown in DM5 was higher than you saw on the dive?

If I had to guess I would say that you came up in under 20 seconds and the lowest NDL wasn't recorded. But I'm far from certain about how that recording stuff works.

I downloaded the dive after the fact. It was not planned in DM5. The dive profile that was downloaded showed about 4 minutes more bottom time than I was seeing on the dive. I also am not sure how all this is figured, hence the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom