NCL Sea Feb 5, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry... We sale on the Sea February 19th. Are you planning to dive all four ports? Wish we were earlier. I'm ready now...

Right now I have only pre-booked dives in Belize and Cozumel. I have never been to Roatan nor cancun so I haven't decided if I want to dive there first or just go sight seeing first. I travel with my 83 y/o mom in law so when I dive I leave her on the ship and have to find a buddy on the boat. She hasn't been to Roatan nor to Cancun either and since we dock after luch I think I'll just take her on shore unless like belize they are tendered. Wish you were earlier too. I would love to meet someone from SB on the ship.

I am on the Sea in 1 week! Jan 22 - 29
I have scheduled the following dives:

Coz - Eagle Ray Divers
Belize - (through ship) Hugh Parkey's - I wouldn't do the ship's dive normally but this is the only way to get out to the atolls at this port

Roatan - Subway Watersports

If you want, i can post reviews when I return.

We sailed on the Sea in Feb/04. My advice:

Cozumel- don't miss diving in Coz- Your mom in law will enjoy the sites and friendliness of the locals there- you should have enough time to hopefully hang out in Coz together after your dive.

Roatan- You dock in Roatan, but she will not want to wander around there without you, it could be overwhelming. You should really dive in Roatan, catch a cab to the West End (we hooked up with about 7-8 other divers from our ship, we met them that morning while waiting to get off the ship- the other divers are pretty easy to spot, and they will almost always want to welcome fellow cruisers to go dive with them if there's room). Turned out that we were all going to the same dive op anyway! (Coconut Tree Divers in the west end). The boat ride to the dive sites is 10 mins or less. very nice. And they were willing to take afternoon divers and get us back in time to catch our cruise ship, I had emailed them prior.

Belize- we didnt dive there, were going to save our $$ for Cancun diving. Well, this was a mistake- when we woke up on the Cancun day (last port), all bright eyed and bushy tailed, dragging our big bags to the debarkation site on the ship, we were told that because of the high seas, we weren't stopping in Cancun at all. I've read about another person that this happened to also, so don't count on diving there. Get it out of your system at the other sites, then if you get the good fortune to stop in Cancun (tender boats only) you may get to dive, yet. There is good diving there, btw.

Let us know how it goes! Have a blast, this is a good itinerary.

Foo

Thanks for the info. Mom can't wander around by her self. She has alzheimers and even though she still knows what's going on, she doesn't remember things at all, can't talk very well any more and walks with a cain or travels by wheelchair. Even on cruises (this is our 3rd) she tends to spend more time in the cabin looking out the window than out an about. I will see about booking a dive trip in Roatan. Thanks again for the info.

Judy

I also have heard from others that the cruise excursion with Hugh Parkey's is the way to go in Belize. The convenience of the dive boat picking you up at the ship is a very nice perk. I wish we had sprung for the extra $ and done that. Live & learn.

Foo

carldarl:
Sorry... We sale on the Sea February 19th. Are you planning to dive all four ports? Wish we were earlier. I'm ready now...

We are doing Carnival Valor leaving Feb 20, sounds like doing same ports. Wonder if they will coincide or just overlap.
we will be:
Belize on Tues
Roatan on Wed
Grand Caymen on Thur
Cozumel on Fri.

Deeplou

Nope, not so lucky. We will be as follows:

Monday - Cozumel - Unsure who to book
Tuesday - Roatan - Subway Watersports
Wednesday - Belize - Probably cruise line due to time and never dived there before
Thursday - Cancun - Maybe take a day off???

Anyone with suggestions for the unknown ports, ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone else who is going we would love to partner up.

We just got home tonight from two days diving at a lake in Nevada. Around 4500 feet and natural hot spring fed. 69 degree water but snow on the ground and 34 degrees at surface. REALLY looking forward to warm water and sunshine. The cold wind was a real booger on the 200 meter walk to the water from the truck.

Hoping to hear from someone soon...

'P'

Hi, we just returned from a cruise to Nassau Bahamas about 1/2 hour ago. We did not get to stop at Coco Cay (the only other port scheduled for our cruise), due to high swells and the danger of tendering people to the island in big swells.

This is the 2nd time this year that we have been unable to stop at a cruise port for that reason. I mention it to reinforce the idea that if you want to dive while on a cruise, take advantage of every chance you get, because you may or may not have a choice of diving at tomorrow's port, if the ship's captain decides not to stop.

If any of your ports do not have a pier, and require tendering, (such as Cancun), you may or may not get to stop. Dive while you can! Have a great time,

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom