NC Trip Report U-352 and USS Indra May 22, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Frank,
That's a nice trip report and pictures of your day with Capt. Leroy. Thanks for sharing.
If you liked the sub, plan a trip to the Naeco (another 10 miles past the sub). It will "knock your socks off!"

Nine more days I'll be in Morehead. Hope the weather holds! Thanks for the update. What was the bottom temps?

I don't know if I should use my 7mm farmer john or my 3mm jumpsuit w/ a 2mm hooded vest.

I went out with Discovery Diving on Sunday to visit the U-352 and USS Indra. We were on the Captain's Lady with Captain Leroy Craytor. We had a great conditions and fabulous dives.

My full dive reports with pictures can be seen on my blog at: Scuba Frank

-Frank
scuba@tyteanalytics.com

Nice trip reports, thanks for sharing!!! I heard last weekend was beautiful.

Nine more days I'll be in Morehead. Hope the weather holds! Thanks for the update. What was the bottom temps?

I don't know if I should use my 7mm farmer john or my 3mm jumpsuit w/ a 2mm hooded vest.

Bottom temperature on the U-352 was 72 degrees and 71 degrees in the Indra. I wore a 3 mil, but I have an overactive metabolism and stay warm in almost any water with a 3 mil (I don't add a hood until the water gets close to 60 degrees).

I read your reports after I got home . The security where I work blocked the link to your blog. Very nice, well done! I'm really looking forward to being there. Last year we had 70F water here but the bottom was a little cooler. I used my 7mm but, if its 70F all the way to the bottom in NC that's different. I'll probably pack'em both. I'm old I get cold. Thanks for the report and the info.

Thnx for the reports

I read your reports after I got home . The security where I work blocked the link to your blog. Very nice, well done! I'm really looking forward to being there. Last year we had 70F water here but the bottom was a little cooler. I used my 7mm but, if its 70F all the way to the bottom in NC that's different. I'll probably pack'em both. I'm old I get cold. Thanks for the report and the info.

I wore a 3mil, no hood, last weekend. A slight thermocline was around 50'. Temp might have dropped a little like 1-2 degrees, but almost un-noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom